- No events
FOOD DRIVE AT THE WELLNESS CENTER
Who are we?
The UIC Wellness Center and the Undergraduate Student Government (USG), have launched a service called the Pop-Up Pantry which is a food pantry for registered UIC students. The Pop-Up Pantry offers canned goods and non-perishable food items. The resource is free for students, and intended to help any student who is experiencing a decreased access to food due to budgetary constraints.
How can you help?
Donations are still accepted and can be dropped off at one of the Pop-Up Pantry collection bins:
• Dean of Students Office (3030 Student Services Building)
• Undergraduate Student Success Center (111 Stevenson Hall)
• African American Academic Network (2800 Student Services Building)
• UIC Wellness Center (238 Student Center East)
Food Donation Guidelines:
Products must be:
• In cans, cartons, or bags
• Non-perishable (requires no refrigeration or freezing)
• In the original container with the original product label
• Within two weeks of the “Best Buy,” or Best If Used by dates
• Free of damage, stains, moisture, etc.
• We will not accept items in glass containers for safety reasons.
• Items donated must be unopened.
Items most needed:
• Canned Fish/Canned Meats
• Canned Soup or Soup Packets
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned Beans
• Cereal /Granola Bars/Oatmeal
• Instant meal in a cup (ex. mac & cheese)
• Rice / Pasta
• Peanut Butter/Jelly
• Instant Coffee/Tea
• Powdered Milk
• Baby Food